A short-term extension allows you to remain on your program for up to an additional 28 days past your program end date.
To apply for a work-approved short-term extension for your program, the following criteria must be met:
- The reason for remaining must be determined valid by your work area management.
- The labor manager must approve the short-term extension.
- The new departure date must be 7, 14, 21 or 28 days past your original end date.
- The short-term extension must not affect the operation adversely.
- This extension request must be completed by the Workforce Management area no later than 3-weeks prior to your original end date.
- You must depart Housing by 10 a.m. on your new departure date.
- You are only eligible for one short-term extension per program.
If all of the above criteria are met and a work approved short-term extension can be granted, the Workforce Management office for your work location must send an email to: email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name
- Last day of work (7, 14, 21 or 28 days past your current end date)
Managers from Workforce Management and the work location should both be copied on this email. Once this information has been received, your request will be processed and a representative from the Disney Programs Office will be in touch with you. Please keep in mind that your requested departure date can be no more than 28 days past your original departure date. Any requests for a short-term extension for greater than 28 days will be declined.