This is a PAID seasonal role with Disney where you will work with the Disney Programs recruitment team and your school's career services office to market and promote Disney Internships & Programs to students at your university. In this role, you will work a weekly average of 4-6 hours working on various recruitment tactics and activities.
If you are a student at one of our participating universities and a soon-to-be Disney Programs alum, you are encouraged to apply!
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Must have successfully completed your Disney College Program experience.
- Must be returning to your campus and enrolled as an active student for the 2024 academic year.
- Must be available to assist in person on your college campus with promoting Disney Internships & Programs opportunities for the spring 2024 and fall 2024 semesters.
Which schools are eligible for this opportunity? This will be a one-year project hire for the upcoming academic year and offered only at the following schools:
|Ana G. Méndez University||Arizona State University|
|Auburn University||Belmont University|
|Bowling Green University||BYU - Idaho|
|BYU - Provo||Cal State Fullerton|
|Cal State Long Beach||Clemson University|
|Florida Atlantic University||Florida International University|
|Florida State University||Georgia Southern University|
|Georgia State University||Glendale Community College|
|Grand Canyon University||Kennesaw State University|
|Kent State University||Liberty University|
|Louisiana State University||Mesa Community College|
|Miami Dade College||Mississippi State University|
|Montclair State University||Northern Arizona University|
|Ohio State University||Penn State University|
|Purdue University||Rowan University|
|San Diego State University||Savannah College of Art & Design|
|Texas A&M University||Texas State University|
|Texas Tech University||University of Alabama|
|University of Arizona||University of Central Florida|
|University of Florida||University of Georgia|
|University of Houston||University of Kentucky|
|University of North Texas||University of Puerto Rico- Aguadilla|
|University of Puerto Rico||Mayaguez University of Puerto Rico- Rio Piedras|
|University of South Carolina||University of South Florida|
|University of Tennessee||University of Texas|
|University of Texas El Paso||Utah Valley University|
|Virginia Tech University||West Virginia University|
|Western Kentucky University|
What is the selection process?
Interested current Disney College Program participants/recipients of this message will complete an interest form verifying eligibility for this opportunity. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview with a recruiter where they will have the opportunity to share why they would like to be a Disney College Program Active Program Alum for the upcoming 2024 school year. Click Here for the interest form.
- Interviewed candidates will be reviewed by the Disney College Recruitment team between November 13th – November 17th
- Final selections will be made the week of November 20th – November 24th.
- The number of candidates for each school is based on a number of factors including the total population of each campus.
What can I expect to do as an Active Program Alumni if selected?
You will be an important on-campus voice to help ‘get the word out’ to fellow students at your school about the Disney College Program. Below are some examples of marketing tactics you could employ to help promote the program:
- Work closely with your Career Services office and/or Disney’s primary campus contacts to gain approval for all marketing activities leading up to the recruitment day. Recruitment tactics may include:
- Hosting information tables
- Posting marketing materials in approved on-campus locations
- Speaking in classrooms and to on-campus organizations to generate excitement
- Social Media posting
- Assist the recruitment team with ‘day of’ activities (virtually or in-person).
- Continue encouraging students on campus to consider applying for the program during the fall and spring semesters.
Is this a paid experience? If so, how many hours can I expect to work?
- Yes, you will remain active as a seasonal employee of The Walt Disney Company. Pay will be comparable to your Disney College Program hourly rate (To be confirmed at the time of offer).
- On average, you will likely work 4-6 hours per week during our recruitment seasons in the fall and spring. You will easily be able to work around your class schedule and employ tactics you feel will have the greatest reach on campus.
What are the other benefits of participating as an Active Program Alumni?
- While you will remain active with the company and get paid for your on-campus efforts, our Active Program Alumni can also expect:
- Weekly connectivity with a recruiter from the Disney College Recruitment team
- A ‘direct connect’ to network with members of our major-specific Professional Internship Recruitment team and other Disney leaders in your field of study
- A chance to showcase your creativity and ability to story tell while promoting the Disney College Program
- Maintaining certain Disney perks such as theme park self-admission and merchandise discounts
This is an incredible resume-enhancing opportunity and a great way to stay connected with Disney if interested in exploring opportunities with the company after graduation.