Due to the competitive nature of our internships, not all applicants are able to move forward. However, in some cases, applicants may receive an email placing them out of consideration within minutes of submitting their application. This is usually due to not meeting a minimum requirement. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Rehire Status: If you are a former employee or Cast Member, you were assigned a rehire status by your leaders when you left the company. A negative rehire status is not assigned by the Recruitment team. We do not have the reason behind a No Rehire status unless our records show that company property (such as a costume piece) is still assigned to you. In this event, you would have received a specific message after your application with instructions on how to contact the appropriate team to remove the restriction placed on your employment record.
- Having graduated outside of the eligibility window
- Not being able to provide unrestricted work authorization in the United States, if required (usually for international students who are studying outside of the United States)
- Not meeting a minimum requirement as stated in the job description
- Applicant Pool: Due to the high volume of applications, there may have been stronger candidates that we decided to move forward with this season. Don't let this discourage you! We encourage you to try again for a future program, as long as you remain eligible to apply and participate. The experiences and education you gain year over year could help give your application the boost it needs to really stand out to our recruiters!
If, after reviewing the job description and your application responses, you believe your application was rejected in error, please submit a request and we will assist you further.