Apartment inspections are conducted on a regular basis. Inspections check the general cleanliness of your apartment and the condition of your furniture, carpets, etc. You can expect inspection teams to visit about once a month, and occasionally more often. Before you moved in, the inspections team noted any damages and completed an apartment inventory sheet for your unit. If you are in need of items that are missing, please bring the sheet to the Disney Service Center to retrieve replacement items. There will also be a final inspection of each apartment prior to your departure date, so it’s a good idea to make note of any suggestions or issues that were found during your regular inspections. It could save you time (and money!) on your final inspection.
The most common issues found are:
• Trash not taken out on a daily basis
• Dirty dishes left out too long
• Mildew in the bathrooms
• Prohibited items, such as candles
• Burns on counter tops
• Food debris on stovetops or in ovens
• Dirty laundry piles or items piled on the floor
• Expired perishables in pantry or left out on countertops
The following tips will help you have a successful inspection:
• Floors are vacuumed and cleaned.
• Sinks are clean and free of dirty dishes.
• Countertops are clean and free of clutter.
• Microwave is clean.
• Stovetop and oven are clean.
• Furniture cushions and dining room table are not cluttered with food or trash.
• Furniture reflects care and that it is being maintained in a good manner and without damage.
• Floors are free of clothing and/or personal possessions.
• Air conditioning vents are clean.
• Apartment is neat, organized and free of clutter.
Bath and Bedroom
• Floors are cleaned and vacuumed.
• Clothing is removed from the floor and tops of furniture.
• Beds are made.
• Countertops, dressers and nightstand tops are neat and items organized.
• Tub, shower, sinks and toilets are clean, wiped down with cleaners and free of mildew.
• Mirrors are clean.
In addition to disciplinary action, failure to pass the apartment inspection will result in fees ranging from $25 to $100, and are assessed to each roommate. Photographs will be taken of failed areas. Damages to the apartment structure, furniture and/or appliances should be reported to your Disney Service Center immediately. Fees will be assessed in accordance to the cost of repairs or replacement. Damages found by the inspection team will result in additional fines and disciplinary action, not excluding termination. Intentional damages are grounds for immediate program dismissal. Remember, your apartment should remain clean and in good condition throughout your stay.
Didn't bring cleaning supplies? That's okay check out this article: Can I borrow cleaning supplies or recreational items inside Disney Housing?