Need time to complete an online course? Independent Study Hall may be right for you.
This offering provides dedicated study time each week to complete assignments for your online courses, ensuring you have time scheduled off from work. At this time, you can request one 2-hour block of time for Independent Study Hall. If you need an additional block of time, please contact us at by clicking "submit a request".
Please note that there are weeks during the year, which we cannot guarantee a dedicated time, block for your studies. You can find a calendar of these dates by clicking here.
To take advantage of this opportunity, you must complete all of the following steps:
- Submit a request by clicking here and select the following options:
- Select which day you would like to reserve
- Indicate which time block you would like to reserve
- Upload documentation to show your enrollment in courses. The documentation must clearly show the following information:
- Your name
- Your university
- Academic term/academic term dates
- List of the class or classes you are taking for which you are requesting for Independent Study Hall time
- Once we have received and approved your uploaded documentation, you will receive a confirmation email of enrollment in your chosen section.
Key information on Independent Study Hall:
- You will receive an invitation for at least one check-in during your course. This is not to track your progress or your grade, but to keep you connected and have someone to talk to, if needed, about your online course.
- Your registration will be multi-week, two hours per week, excluding any dates occurring during a ‘No Offering Period’. For a complete list of dates covered, please click here.
- Registering for Independent Study Hall may cap your maximum work hours per week to 45 hours, excluding dates during a ‘No Offering Period’.
- Independent Study Hall is available Monday-Thursday, 9-11 a.m. ET or 1-3 p.m. ET. You will be able to select one two-hour block of time during the registration process. If you need an additional block of time, please indicate this in your submission and we will contact you for further details.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us by clicking "submit a request".