Here are some frequently-asked questions about transfers:
How do I find a part-time or full-time hourly role after my College Program?
- To request an end-of-season transfer, you will utilize Transfer Genie. Transfer Genie provides a dynamic transfer submission experience 24/7 by allowing cast members to view and learn more about different opportunities throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
When am I eligible to submit a transfer request?
- You are eligible to submit your transfer requests for all hourly roles as early as six weeks prior to your program end date.
- If you have applied for a program extension (but not yet started), you may apply for a transfer within six weeks of your original end date.
- If you are currently on a program extension, you may apply for a transfer within six weeks of your new program end date.
- The earlier you submit in this window, the greater chance for a match!
How many roles and locations can I put in for?
- Select up to two (2) roles and up to five (5) locations that you are interested in transferring to at the end of your program.
- You can put in for full time, part time, and/or seasonal.
What are the eligibility guidelines?
- Must be within six weeks of your program end date.
- Must have no more than four (4) attendance points within the last six (6) months (not including early shift releases or authorized days off).
- Must have no more than one (1) reprimand within the last six (6) months.
Which positions should I put a request in for?
- Transfer Genie matches positions based on seniority and availability.
- Keep in mind that our busier locations and role groups may offer more transfer opportunities. If you select a work location with fewer cast members, there is a chance you won’t find a match prior to the end of your program.
- The more availability you offer, the more likely you are to get matched.
- For example, if you put in a part-time transfer for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but the position requires Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, you will not be matched to that requisition.
- Consider avoiding positions that may require a secondary interview, such as character attendant or boutique host, as the six-week window does not allow enough time to schedule an interview and find a match.
How long do I have to wait to be matched to a position?
- You can be matched up until the last day of your program.
- Avoid adding/changing roles or locations two (2) weeks prior to your program end date. This will allow us to consider you for a match up to, and including, the end date of your program.
I received a match. What’s next?
- If you receive a match for a transfer, CONGRATULATIONS! You will receive messaging through Transfer Genie confirming your transfer match and then later will receive an update with your transfer date. Your new training team will be in contact once they have a training plan prepared.
- If you have already accepted an offer to extend your Disney College Program, but would rather accept the FT/PT role that you have since been offered, you may accept the new offer and cancel your program extension. The extension fees will be refunded once you begin your new role. To cancel your extension, please use this form.