Summer 2020 Extensions Housing FAQs – Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
- When will extension registration open?
- DORMS registration for the 2020 Summer Extension season will be open March 8 at noon EST and close on March 11 at noon EST. After this date, we are not able to take any more requests for preferences.
- I live off-site, do I also need to complete DORMS registration?
- Yes, everyone who is extending their program will need to log on to DORMS and complete DORMS registration.
- When will the move date be?
- Information will be sent at a later date, as we will be having multiple move dates depending on your original departure date.
- If you are opting out of housing, your move date will be the original departure date of your first program. This information will be updated in DORMS after registration. We are not able to grant any early releases from housing, and you will still be responsible for housing costs up until that original departure date.
- Do I need to request off from work for the move date?
- Separate communication will be sent out, at a later time, regarding any potential move date.
- Participants may have different scenarios that are unique to them, so please keep an eye on your personal email.
- Am I able to link up with anyone for my extension program?
- Due to the logistics involved, no roommate links will be offered to those extending their programs and moving. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your cooperation and willingness to embrace this opportunity to continue to meet new people and create meaningful connections with your fellow participants.
- Am I able to stay in my unit for my extension? All those extending will remain in their unit (unless otherwise informed) for their extension excluding the following units, which will be scheduled for maintenance work. If your unit falls in the following category, we will be reaching out in order to schedule your move.
- Units with triple-occupancy bedrooms
- Will I find out ahead of time if I am moving units or not?
- Yes, we will communicate this information out a few weeks before the scheduled move date.
- I am being asked to move. Will I know where I am moving to?
- Unfortunately, we are not able to provide this information until the day of your move.
- If I have a car or plan on bringing a car, will I need to pay for a new decal?
- Yes, there is an extension fee to update your decal. Please note: There is a deadline to do this and vehicle decals are available on a first-come, first-serve basis only, so please read all email communication and prepare to pay during the time frame. If you do not secure an extension decal, you will not be allowed to park on property.
- If you plan on bringing a car for the first time, you will need to pay the initial fee, if the decals are still available.
- I have a medical accommodation. Will I need to move or request a new accommodation?
- Depending on your accommodation, you may be asked to move to a new unit. If you have an accommodation, this will carry over to your new program and no action is needed on your end. If we have questions, we will be reaching out to you. If you are in need of an accommodation please see this article I need to request a medical accommodation for housing.
Opting out of housing?
- International participants are not eligible to opt out of company sponsored housing.
- If I opt-out of housing, when will I need to move out?
- When you opt-out, your departure date from housing will be your original end date.
- We are not able to grant any early releases of housing, and you will still be responsible for your housing costs up until that date. Please keep this in mind when paying deposits and signing leases.
- I am not sure if I want to opt out of housing or not.
- If you are currently planning on living off-site during your extension, please opt out of Disney Housing during the registration period of March. 8-11, as this is the only time you will be able to do so.
- If your plans fall through and you are unable to secure alternate housing accommodations, please let us know and we can opt you back into Disney Housing at that point.
- Please be aware that if you opt back in after the registration period, you will be placed in an open bed and you may not be placed according to your preferences.
- Once you opt back in and sign your forms, you will not be able to opt out of Disney Housing for the duration of your extension.
I applied for a full-time, part-time, seasonal or professional internship with the company, but have not heard back. What should I do?
If you receive an offer for full-time, part-time, seasonal or professional internship, you will not be allowed to live in our company-sponsored housing complexes. Your company transfer date will be your updated departure date, and we will release you from your program. Please keep this in mind when searching for a place and before you sign a lease.
I need to cancel my program, how do I do this?
- Please click here for more information and use the form provided.