Walt Disney World (in Florida):
Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! We wanted to pass along important information regarding DORMS registration for our Summer and, Fall Advantage 2020 programs. Please note, this information has been published for the registration dates below. Future programs may not have the same offerings as stated below.
NO exceptions can be made to the below-mentioned deadline for any reason, and you are required to complete DORMS registration even if you plan to live in your own housing for the duration of your program.
|Arrival Date||DORMS Registration Period
All opening and closing times are noon EST
|May 4, 2020||March 15, 2020 – March 18, 2020|
|May 11, 2020||March 15, 2020 – March 18, 2020|
|May 18, 2020||March 15, 2020 – March 18, 2020|
|May 26, 2020||March 15, 2020 – March 18, 2020|
|June 1, 2020||March 15, 2020 – March 18, 2020|
|June 8, 2020||March 15, 2020 – March 18, 2020|
|June 15, 2020 (Except Academic Exchange)||March 15, 2020 – March 18, 2020|
|June 15, 2020 (Academic Exchange Only)||April 26, 2020 – April 29, 2020|
|June 22, 2020||March 15, 2020 – March 18, 2020|
|Dates after June 22||Continue checking back here for updates. An email will be sent when the dates have been determined.|
During DORMS registration, you may be prompted to let us know if you will be a full-time student during your program. If so, we will ask you to upload a document verifying your enrollment status with your home college or university.
What is the enrollment verification form?
- Your university’s registrar or clearinghouse may be able to provide a document that states your student status.
- Please note: You are not required to upload the document during DORMS registration if you do not have it readily available. You can proceed with DORMS registration and return to DORMS at a later time to upload the document. For more information, please click here.
- To prevent delay in your registration, please log in to DORMS early to ensure you have access. If you experience issues, please view our self-service tips by clicking here.
I need to cancel my program, how do I do this?
- Please see this article for more information and use the form provided.
Registering for Company-Sponsored Housing:
By opting into company-sponsored housing, you are acknowledging your obligation to remain in company-sponsored housing through the duration of your program start and end date. You will not be able to update this preference after the registration window closes.
How many roommate links will be offered?
- You will only be able to link with either Zero or ONE other roommate. Your official roommate link information will be provided through email communication prior to your DORMS registration date.
- We cannot make any exceptions to the number of links at this time, and no request of more than one will be honored.
I want to link with a roommate, what is the criteria?
- If applicable for a roommate link, you will need to have the following:
- Same registration period (see dates above)
- Same departure date
- Once the roommates have been placed in our system, your roommate link will no longer be visible however, you will still be linked together on our end.
Will I receive my top choices for preferences?
- This is not guaranteed. While we try our best to accommodate everybody’s preferences, there are times we may have to place you in your lower, or even last choice.
- Every arrival will have different inventory, which is how we determine where you will be placed.
I have a need for a medical accommodation, how do I go about doing this?
- As each person and situation is unique, if you believe you need an accommodation for the living component of your program, please find more information on the medical accommodation process through our Support site by clicking here. Please start this process early, as any last-minute requests could affect your placement.
Vehicle Decal Registration:
I am planning on bringing a vehicle for my program. What is the process for registering my vehicle?
If you wish to bring a vehicle, you must register your vehicle during registration. By doing so, you will receive important details related to purchasing a vehicle decal. The vehicle decal fee is $85 USD. Vehicle decals are limited in number and are first-come, first-served.
- During DORMS registration, you will be asked to input your vehicle information including:
- Vehicle Make
- Vehicle Model
- Vehicle Color
- License Plate Number & State
Is parking guaranteed?
- Vehicle decals are limited in number and are first-come, first-served.
- In order to secure a vehicle decal, you must register and pay for a decal. The vehicle decal fee is $85 USD.
- If you have secured a vehicle decal, it will be provided to you at Housing check-in.
Registering for Own Housing:
Will I be able to opt-out of company-sponsored housing?
- International participants are not eligible to live off-site during their program.
- Domestic participants are allowed to opt-out of company-sponsored housing during DORMS registration only.
- Once DORMS registration closes (see dates above), you will no longer be able to opt-out and will be responsible for the cost during the duration of your program.
I want to live off-site, but do not know where I am living yet.
- In this situation, we suggest opting out of housing for your program. If you are not able to secure a place to live, we will allow you to opt back into housing at any time. After the registration closes, you will be placed in an available bed only and not allowed to roommate link.
- If you do not have an address during registration, please place an “x” in the address line. You will be able to contact us at a later time to update this address.
Do I still need to pay the prepaid housing costs if I choose to live off-site?
- Yes, you are still required to pay a Housing Fee. If you choose to opt-out of Housing, you will receive a refund within 5-7 days after your arrival, for the Housing Fee portion only.
Will Disney Housing be able to make recommendations for off-site Housing?
- Unfortunately, we are not able to assist you in finding alternative housing, but we would recommend searching housing within the zip code 32821.
Housing Check-in Information:
Where will I be checking-in?
- Your check-in location will be listed on your arrival itinerary.
- This applies for those residing in Own Housing as well.
When will my arrival time be?
- About one week before your arrival, you will receive an emailed arrival itinerary with the exact time.
- The earliest check in time is 8 a.m. EST. When making your travel arrangements, please keep this in mind.
When will I find out where I will be living, if I am residing onsite?
- You will receive an arrival itinerary one week before your arrival with your designated check-in location. That check in location will be your complex.
- You will receive your exact unit type and number, when you arrive at housing check-in.
Will I be able to move in early or drop off my luggage?
- No, unfortunately we are not able to accommodate any early arrivals. We also do not have a place to store any belongings and this will be your responsibility.
- If you are in need of a hotel, we suggest searching the zip code 32821 (please note that you will not be eligible for the cast member rates).
Is there provided transportation from the airport?
- You will be responsible for transportation to your check-in location.
- We recommend Mears Transportation (www.mearstransportation.com) to assist you with transportation from the airport to the apartment complexes. This transportation has departures from the Baggage Claim area of the Orlando International Airport every 20 to 25 minutes and operates 24-hours a day. Click Here for a Mears Transportation discount coupon.
Can you tell me more about what is provided in housing and about the check-in process?
- More information can be found on our Programs Arrival page by clicking here. Please take a moment to read all the information provided.
We look forward to your upcoming arrival! If you have any questions, please reach out to us by clicking on ‘submit a request’ in the top-right hand corner.