Gender-inclusive housing provides our program participants, based on availability, the option to live and roommate link with whomever they choose, regardless of their gender. Please note, only participants who choose to live in gender-inclusive apartments/bedrooms will be assigned to these apartments.
What is gender-inclusive housing?
- Gender-inclusive housing refers to a housing option in which program participants are given the opportunity to share their bedroom/apartment with other participants, regardless of their gender.
- Participants who select this option would still be given the opportunity to link with a roommate, if available, as well as select apartment preferences.
- Gender-inclusive housing is based on availability.
Why are you offering gender-inclusive housing?
- To help create an inclusive, welcoming and supportive experience for our Disney Program participants, we are offering gender-inclusive housing as an option in selecting roommates.
Yes, I am interested. How do I select gender-inclusive housing?
- Any participant may request gender-inclusive housing during DORMS registration.
- Please note that gender-inclusive housing is available in all styles of apartments.
How are the rooms assigned in a gender-inclusive apartment?
Your apartment and bedroom will be assigned to you, and you may live with others who have selected to live in gender-inclusive housing. Note that you may request to link with a specific roommate during DORMS registration, but it is not guaranteed that you will be placed in the same room and/or apartment as this person. Because we have arrivals and departures year-round, placement is dependent upon availability of beds.
Is gender-inclusive housing only for participants who are members of the LGBTQ+ community?
- No. Gender-inclusive housing is for anyone who wants to live with people with whom they feel comfortable, no matter their gender.
- Participants who elect this option must be open to living with a person of any gender.
Can students be randomly assigned to a room of the opposite gender?
- Participants will not automatically be placed in a gender-inclusive apartments unless they indicated that they would be comfortable residing in gender-inclusive housing.
- If there is a vacancy in the apartment, it will only be filled by a participant who has selected gender-inclusive housing.