Mixed-gender housing provides our program participants, based on availability, the option to live and roommate link with whomever they choose, regardless of their gender. Please note, only participants who choose to live in a mixed-gender apartments/bedrooms will be assigned to these apartments.
What is mixed-gender housing?
- Mixed-Gender housing refers to a housing option in which program participants are given the opportunity to share their bedroom/apartment with other participants, regardless of their gender.
- Participants who select this option would still be given the opportunity to link with a roommate, if available, as well as select apartment preferences.
- Mixed-Gender housing is based on availability.
Why are you offering mixed-gender housing?
- To help create an inclusive, welcoming and supportive experience for our Disney Programs participants, we are offering mixed-gender housing as an option in selecting roommates.
Yes, I am interested. How do I select mixed-gender housing?
- Any participant may request mixed-gender housing during DORMS registration.
- Please note that mixed-gender housing is available in all styles of apartments.
How are the rooms assigned in a mixed-gender apartment?
Your apartment and bedroom will be assigned to you, and you may live with others who have selected to live in mixed gender housing. Note that you may request to link with a specific roommate during DORMS registration, but it is not guaranteed that you will be placed in the same room and/or apartment as this person. Because we have arrivals and departures year-round, placement is dependent upon availability of beds.
Is mixed-gender housing only for participants who are members of the LGBTQ+ community?
- No. Mixed-gender housing is for anyone who wants to live with people with whom they feel comfortable, no matter their gender.
- Participants who elect this option must be open to living with a person of any gender.
Can students be randomly assigned to a room of the opposite gender?
- Participants will not automatically be placed in a mixed-gender apartments unless they indicated that they would be comfortable residing in mixed-gender housing.
- If there is a vacancy in the apartment, it will only be filled by a participant who has selected mixed-gender housing.