Mixed-gender housing provides program participants, based on availability, the option to live and roommate link with whomever they choose, regardless of their sex or gender identity. You could be placed in a mixed-gender apartment unit and/OR a shared mixed-gender bedroom.
What is mixed-gender housing?
- Mixed-gender housing refers to a housing option in which program participants may share their bedroom and/or apartment with any other participant regardless of their gender identity or sex assigned at birth.
- Participants who select this option would still be given the opportunity to link with a roommate, if available, as well as select unit type preferences.
- Mixed-gender housing is based on availability.
Why are you offering mixed-gender housing?
- To help create an inclusive, welcoming and supportive experience for our Disney Programs participants, we are offering mixed-gender housing as an option in selecting roommates.
Yes, I am interested. How do I select mixed-gender housing?
- Any participant may request mixed-gender housing during DORMS registration.
- Please note that if you select mixed-gender housing, you could be sharing a room and/or an apartment with someone who is of the same OR different sex or gender identity as you.
How are the rooms assigned in a mixed-gender apartment?
- Your apartment and bedroom will be assigned to you, and you may live in an apartment and/or share a bedroom with others who have selected to live in mixed-gender housing.
- Note that you may request to link with a specific roommate during DORMS registration, but it is not guaranteed that you will be placed in the same bedroom and/or apartment as this person.
- Because we have arrivals and departures year-round, placement is dependent upon availability of beds.
Is mixed-gender housing only for participants who are members of the LGBTQIA+ community?
- Mixed-gender housing is for anyone who wants to live with people with whom they feel comfortable, no matter their gender identity or sex assigned at birth.
- Participants who elect this option must be open to living with a person of any gender identity.
Can participants be randomly assigned to a room with roommates of the opposite gender?
- Participants will not be placed in a mixed-gender apartment unit or bedroom unless they opt in to mixed-gender housing during DORMS registration.
- If there is a vacancy in the apartment or your bedroom, it will only be filled by a participant who has selected the same roommate placement as you (e.g. if you selected mixed-gender housing, they must have also selected mixed-gender housing)