- Is the Disney College Program back?
Yes! We are excited to welcome participants back to the Disney College Program in 2021. The first participants to return will be those who had their program shortened or canceled in 2020.
- Who is able to apply?
Currently, only those who were on a 2020 program that was shortened or canceled are eligible to apply. These candidates were sent a direct consideration application and were notified of their eligibility via email.
- Can I apply even if I have already graduated?
Yes. If your program was shortened or canceled in 2020 you are eligible to apply even if you have graduated from your college or university since the end of your program. For future programs, our graduate eligibility has expanded and now includes students who have graduated within 24 months of applying.
- If I was on a 2020 Program, can I return to my same role and location?
Participants will be offered a College Program role. Roles and locations will be based on operational needs at that time. We encourage participants to be open and flexible as they could be placed in any of our roles and locations.
- If I was on a Disneyland College Program in 2020, will I be considered for a program in Florida this year?
Every participant from a 2020 program at either Disneyland® Resort or Walt Disney World® Resort that was shortened or canceled will be considered for a 2021 program at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
- What if I’m not available for five months?
Participants eligible for a program at this time must be available for at least five months.
- If I already have my schedule set for this fall, can I apply/be considered for next year?
Participants whose schedules do not align with our current offerings are encouraged to re-apply at a later date.
- If I had a 2020 program shortened or canceled, do I need to interview again?
No. You are being directly considered as you already completed the interview process. Moving forward, all applicants will experience an accelerated interview process.
- My program was shortened in 2020. Do I have to pay a Program fee?
Yes. When your 2020 program was shortened, you received a payout and weekly housing deductions were waived. Your program fee covers your initial housing deduction and program activity costs for the duration of your program.
- If I wasn’t on a 2020 Program, when can I apply?
We are excited about the future of the Disney College Program but do not have more information to share at this time. We encourage you to visit the Disney Programs website and opt-in to receive email updates as well as follow us on social media.
- Am I able to preference which Housing property I live at?
All Disney College Program participants will reside at our new housing community, Flamingo Crossings Village.
- When does Flamingo Crossings Village open?
We are excited to welcome home the first participants to live at Flamingo Crossings Village this summer!
- Will participants have roommates?
Participants will receive information regarding roommates during their DORMS registration.
- Do I need proof that I am vaccinated?
No, you will not need to provide proof that you have been vaccinated before or during your program.
At this time, a person’s vaccination status is not required by the company. However, the CDC encourages everyone to keep a record of their vaccine history. At the time of vaccination, you should receive a CDC vaccination record card or other documentation/printout that includes the manufacturer of the vaccine you received, where you received it, and the date(s) of the vaccination.
- Will I get paid to receive the vaccine once on my program?
No, participants will not be paid to receive the vaccine. It is highly encouraged for participants to obtain vaccines at home prior to arrival. Disney Health Services will offer voluntary COVID-19 vaccines (when available) at program check-in.
- Will I need to be tested for COVID-19 before and/or during my program?
Our number-one focus continues to be the health and well-being of our cast members. Because the COVID-19 situation is continuously evolving, our reopening approach is deliberately fluid and phased. As our employees return to the physical workplace, specific guidance is available on Disney’s internal company website, including physical distancing guidelines, mandatory face coverings, hygiene, disinfectant practices, and daily health screening measures.
Employees will complete a mandatory health screening each day, including checking their temperature, prior to departing for work. If an employee is unwell, they are expected to stay home and not report to work. If an employee exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 in the workplace, they will be sent home.
- What if I or someone I live with test positive for COVID-19 while on my program?
The housing community team at Flamingo Crossings Village will follow health and safety guidance from state and local government and public health authorities when they become aware of COVID-19 positive cases.
- Will I need to wear a face covering when I am Housing and/or work?
Yes, a face covering must be worn while in public or shared spaces.
Face coverings, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer will available to cast members at work. Employees in a physical workplace are required to wear a cloth face covering at all times, except when isolated in enclosed spaces and not interacting in person with others, such as in a private, enclosed office or in their car. When wearing a face covering, it is still important to practice frequent handwashing and sanitization and to adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
- I’ve heard there are changes to the Disney Look. Do I still need to acknowledge that I can follow the Disney Look guidelines?
There have been many exciting updates to the Disney Look recently. We encourage you to review the changes here. You will still need to acknowledge that you are able to follow the updated Disney Look guidelines.
- Is the Disney College Program being offered in California?
At this time, the Disneyland College Program remains paused. Those whose programs were shortened or canceled in 2020 are eligible for a Disney College Program at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
- I live outside of the United States. Is the International Program returning?
At this time, the Disney International Program remains paused. In the meantime, please click here to opt-in to receive email updates. For those whose programs were shortened or canceled due to COVID-19, we will be sending out communication if opportunities become available.
- I am a culinary student. Is the Culinary Program returning?
At this time, the Disney Culinary Program remains paused. We encourage you to visit DisneyPrograms.com and opt-in for email updates.
- I’m more interested in a Disney Professional Internship. Can I apply to a professional internship?
Select Disney Professional Internships may be available. Please visit DisneyInterns.com to explore roles.
- What does the future look like for Disney Programs?
We are very excited for the future of Disney Programs and look forward to welcoming more participants to our Disney Programs family. Visit DisneyPrograms.com to learn more and opt-in for email updates.