As a part of the Disney Culinary Program, participants will have the opportunity to take the skills they developed in the classroom and apply them in a real-world environment. And what better place to gain experience than at the Walt Disney World® Resort – one of the most recognized hospitality destinations in the world. Here, students learn from experienced chefs, meet guests and cast members from around the country, and gain practical experience they just can't get anywhere else.
The Disney Culinary Program occurs year-round, and seasons vary in length for each student and school. The specific program time frame will be outlined in the application posting and further discussed at time of interview.
In order to submit an application for the Disney Culinary Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student in a School of Culinary Arts, seeking a certificate or degree OR enrolled in a culinary/baking and pastry school, studying toward a Baking and Pâtisserie Science degree.
- Students must be currently enrolled and taking at least one class in an accredited college or university in the United States and have completed at least one semester or have graduated in the past 24 months.
- Students who have not yet graduated from high school but have dual enrollment with a college are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have taken college courses, but are currently taking “time off” from school are not eligible to apply.
- Meet any school requirements for participation
- Students also must meet any additional criteria their school requires for participation in our program. This may include GPA, grade level and number of credit hours earned. Schools will be contacted to verify eligibility on disneyeducationconnection.com.
- Candidates must be receptive to our appearance standards, The Disney Look.
- Participants must be compliant with these guidelines upon arrival.
- In order to maintain a safe and healthy environment and comply with state-mandated regulatory food standards, all cast members working in Food & Beverage and Merchandise positions that prepare and/or serve food and beverages are required to abide by the Food & Beverage Nail and Jewelry Policy:
- Keep fingernails trimmed and filed (not extended beyond the tip of the finger).
- Not wear fingernail polish and/or artificial nails.
- Not wear jewelry on arms or hands, including wristwatches and medical information jewelry. The exception is a plain (commitment) ring, without stones, raised designs or jagged edges. Acceptable options for medical jewelry include necklaces and ankle bracelets.
- Tattoos are permitted with the exception of location on the head, neck and face. The tattoo can be no larger than the size of your hand or it must be covered. Please see the Disney Look for details.
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
Attention International Students:
To be eligible for this program, you must be currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States and possess unrestricted US work authorization. If you are an International student studying in the United States, please contact your international student advisor if you have questions regarding your eligibility.
Reminder: Should an invitation be extended to you, you will be required to submit verification of your legal right to work in the United States at the time of your arrival.
If you are an International student studying in another country, please reach out to support.disneyprograms.com