Do you want to stay with the Walt Disney World Resort in a parks and resorts hourly role after your program ends? You have two potential paths to consider:
- Extend your program
- Apply for part-time / full-time opportunities
You may only choose ONE path. You will be required to apply by a designated deadline to be considered for either opportunity.
Be on the lookout for email communication from the recruitment team on when you can apply for either of these options. Depending on your arrival and departure dates, communication timelines will vary. Below, you will find additional details about each path. If you have additional questions, view our extensive FAQs here.
Path 1 - Apply For a Disney College Program Extension
Each season, hundreds of Disney College Program participants extend their program in their current role and location. This could be the perfect path for you to continue your journey with Disney.
Within this path, you may apply to extend your program in a different role such as Minnie Vans, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser or Premium Services. These roles may vary and are based on business need. You will receive more information about these opportunities via email from the recruitment team. Deadlines vary depending on the role and an audition or interview may be required. If you’d like to see what opportunities are currently available, search #CPextensions on MyDisneyCareer.com.
If you are interested in auditioning to extend in a Character Performer role, look out for specific communication when those auditions begin to open.
Note: As a reminder, you cannot exceed 12 consecutive months on a Disney Internship or Program. If you have reached 12 consecutive months, consider applying for a part-time / full-time hourly role (See Path 2 below).
Path 2- Apply for a Part-Time / Full-Time Hourly Role
Want to stay with Walt Disney World Resort long term? You have the unique option to apply for a part-time or full-time hourly role to begin upon the successful completion of your program!
Below are some key details to consider prior to applying for a part-time or full-time hourly role:
When submitting an application:
- You will select your status preference: part-time only or part-time/full-time
- You will preference either to remain in same role/same location, same role/different location or express interest in a new role.
- You will also indicate your level of interest in a list of eligible roles, which will be considered during the placement process. You must be receptive to all options.
As is the case with Path #1, you will receive direct communication from the recruitment team with details on the steps you need to take to apply.
Pay close attention to deadlines – if you do not complete your application by the established deadline, you will be opting out of consideration for a part-time and/or full-time hourly opportunity.
You will be notified if selected no later than 8 weeks before the end of your program. Additional details regarding your role, location and status will be shared closer to your departure date.
Please make sure you thoroughly review the full job posting to ensure you fully understand requirements and eligibility guidelines.
To view the FAQs, click here.
For The Disney Culinary Program
- Extension opportunities for the Disney Culinary Program are offered throughout the year.
- Extension messages are sent via the Disney Careers Dashboard to current Culinary Program participants four to six weeks prior to their scheduled end date.
- Recruitment determines who is eligible to extend based on their record card and current departure date as well as their original arrival date (cannot participate in programs over 12 months).
- Extension applicants could be considered for a Cook 1 role based on the following qualifications: 2 years of culinary experience OR 1 year of culinary experience AND a culinary degree/certificate.
- A resume reflecting the most recent work experience will need to be submitted at the time of the application.
- Your desired new end date must be at least two months past your original end date up to a year from your original start date. This new date must also fall on a Thursday.
- Extension details and requirements are listed on the message. Be sure to fully read these before applying.
- Participants need to make sure their email address in their Disney Careers Dashboard is current
For The Disney International Program
- Academic Exchange and Cultural Exchange participants are not eligible to extend due to visa restrictions.
- Cultural Representatives should request an extension through their work location.
- Australia/New Zealand participants should submit a request. Create a subject line with "AU/NZ extension request" and include full name, PerNr and your availability in the body of the request.
- Please contact your work location leader to discuss if an extension opportunity is available.