Do you want to stay with Walt Disney World Resort in a parks and resorts hourly role after your program ends? You have two potential paths you can pursue:
- Extend your program: Eligible participants have the opportunity to apply to extend their program in their same role/same location. If offered an extension, they will continue on their program and select a new departure date.
- Apply for a part-time / full-time role: Participants have the opportunity to apply for an hourly role with Walt Disney Resort near the end of their program. This is a great option if they want to stay with Disney permanently or have already exceeded 12 months on a Disney internship or program. If accepted, they will begin right after their program end date.
Interested in exploring opportunities to extend in a different role– such as Minnie Vans, Horticulture or Premium Services? Deadlines vary depending on the role and an interview may be required. Regardless of which path you choose, you can still apply for other extension opportunities as long as you meet eligibility requirements. Visit mydisneycareer.com/disneyprograms to learn more about open roles.
Communication is sent via email to eligible participants with more information about how and when to apply as well as deadline to apply. If you have NOT received communication about applying, keep an eye on your email throughout your program to know when you will become eligible for these opportunities.
For The Disney Culinary Program
- Extension opportunities for the Disney Culinary Program are offered throughout the year.
- Extension messages are sent via the Disney Careers Dashboard to current Culinary Program participants four to six weeks prior to their scheduled end date.
- Recruitment determines who is eligible to extend based on their record card and current departure date as well as their original arrival date (cannot participate in programs over 12 months).
- Extension applicants could be considered for a Cook 1 role based on the following qualifications: 2 years of culinary experience OR 1 year of culinary experience AND a culinary degree/certificate.
- A resume reflecting the most recent work experience will need to be submitted at the time of the application.
- Your desired new end date must be at least two months past your original end date up to a year from your original start date. This new date must also fall on a Thursday.
- Extension details and requirements are listed on the message. Be sure to fully read these before applying.
- Participants need to make sure their email address in their Disney Careers Dashboard is current
For The Disney International Program
- Academic Exchange and Cultural Exchange participants are not eligible to extend due to visa restrictions.
- Cultural Representatives should request an extension through their work location.
- Australia/New Zealand participants should submit a request. Create a subject line with "AU/NZ extension request" and include full name, PerNr and your availability in the body of the request.
- Please contact your work location leader to discuss if an extension opportunity is available.