Need dedicated time to complete an online course? Independent Study Hall may be right for you.
This offering provides dedicated study time each week to complete assignments for your online courses, ensuring you have time scheduled off from work. At this time, you can up to two blocks of time each week, for two to three hours per block, for Independent Study Hall.
Please note that there are weeks during the year, which we cannot guarantee a dedicated time, block for your studies. You can find a calendar of these dates by clicking here.
To take advantage of this opportunity, you must complete all of the following steps:
- You can submit up to two requests by clicking here and selecting the following:
- Day of the week you would like to reserve for each request
- Start and End time of each request. You are limited to requesting no more than three hours each day for all requests.
- Important: You must the required documentation in order for your request to be processed. The documentation must be a screenshot or printout from your University indicating:
- Your name
- Your university
- Academic term/academic term dates
- List of the class or classes you are taking
- Once we have received and approved your uploaded documentation, you will receive a confirmation email of your enrollment.
Key information on Independent Study Hall:
- You may receive an invitation for at least one check-in during your course. This is not to track your progress or your grade, but to keep you connected and have someone to talk to, if needed, about your online course.
- Your registration will be multi-week, two-three hours per week, excluding any dates occurring during a ‘No Offering Period’. For a complete list of dates covered, please click here.
- Independent Study Hall is available Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm ET. If you need time outside of this, please indicate this in the detail portion of your submission and we will contact you for further details.
- Registering for Independent Study Hall may cap your maximum work hours per week to 45 hours, excluding dates during a ‘No Offering Period’.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us by clicking "submit a request".