While on a Disney program, participants have the opportunity to partake in unique offerings to learn, explore and experience all things Disney. Time off work is requested for the purpose of attending select offerings. The No-Show Policy applies to offerings where time off work is requested for participants to attend.
- If a participant signs up for an offering that requests time off work before the cancellation deadline, attendance is expected. The cancellation deadline will always be outlined in the DORMS event description.
- If there is still availability and a participant signs up for an offering after the cancellation deadline, attendance is also still expected.
- The participant is responsible for checking in with a member of the Disney Programs team at the beginning of the offering to ensure their attendance is marked.
- If the participant is no longer able to attend, they may cancel/drop their registration directly through DORMS – providing they do so before the cancellation deadline.
- If the participant cancels after the cancellation deadline OR no-shows to the event, the participant is at risk of being blocked from registering for and attending future similar opportunities. You may be dropped from any existing registrations.
- Participants will receive a notice via email if they violate the policy. When they miss a third offering, they will be blocked from signing up for and attending future similar offerings.
This restriction will stay in place for the duration of the participant’s program, including any extension, but will be withdrawn if they participate in a future program.
The No-Show policy only applies to offerings that request time off work. This includes the majority of our learning offerings, such as Discover Disney and instructor-led series/sessions.
If you are unsure if the policy applies to an offering you are interested in attending, please carefully read the DORMS event description. The DORMS event description will always clearly state if the No-Show policy applies.
Note that time off work is not guaranteed if you register, and if you are granted time off work because you signed up for an offering, you are only guaranteed enough time off to attend. Depending on when the event takes place, you could still be scheduled to work that day.
If a participant wishes to request an appeal for their restriction, they may submit a request using the following link: Submit No Show Appeal Request.
Appeals will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You will receive communication on next steps after you submit your request to appeal.
Drop-ins may be accepted for certain offerings, depending on space. Check DORMS to see if a specific offering accepts drop-ins. Drop-ins will be randomly selected among those who arrive. For your safety, do not arrive more than 15 minutes before the check-in time for an offering. Arriving earlier will not improve your chances of being randomly selected as a drop-in.
Does this apply to trips and social activities?
It does not. This applies to any Discover Disney and Instructor-led session or series. The DORMS event description will specifically state if the policy applies. If time off work is requested for the offering, the policy applies.
Am I able to attend the same offering multiple times?
Participants are not able to register for or attend the same offering more than once.
If I receive a warning, can I appeal? Or do I have to wait until I receive a third notice?
You may only appeal after your third notice.
How far in advance do I need to cancel/drop my registration?
You can refer to the cancellation deadline in the DORMS description. If you registered after the cancellation deadline, we encourage you to reach out to us through the Support Site using the link at the bottom of this article at least 24 hours before the offering begins to cancel.
Will my restriction still apply if I extend my program? Or will I start over?
Your restriction will stay on your account through any extensions. If restricted, you will need to go through the appeal process if you extend your program and would like to start attending these offerings again. If you successfully complete your program and come back in the future for a new program, you will start fresh.
What if I get scheduled for work even though I registered before the cancellation deadline?
For those registered before the cancellation deadline, we work with your scheduling teams to ensure time off during the offering time. In the rare occurrence that time off cannot be granted, we will ensure no penalty is applied, as long as you inform us via the Support Site using the link at the bottom of this article. Keep in mind: you can still get scheduled to work the day of an offering – the scheduling team will only ensure you have enough time off to attend the offering.
Will this apply if I am late to an offering?
If you are late, you are at risk of being turned away from the offering. Late arrivals might not be accommodated and it is at the instructor's discretion to accept attendance. Please make sure you check in with a member of the Programs team at some point during the offering to ensure your attendance is accounted for.
If you need to withdraw from an event that is past the cancellation window or that you were scheduled to work during, click on the following link: Withdraw From Event.