While many amenities are supplied for you, you may want to bring additional items for recreation, decoration or everyday necessity.
Original unexpired documents as outlined below. A photocopy is not acceptable.
You will need to show a valid (non-expired) government-issued photo ID and proper employment eligibility documentation. Review the list of acceptable documents and be sure to bring the originals with you.
Medical Insurance Information
Though having medical insurance is not required, we do highly recommend participants obtain coverage for the duration of their program. It may be helpful to consult with your current medical insurance provider regarding their coverage for students participating in academic internships, co-ops, or work-study programs.
It is recommended you bring money with you to cover your personal living expenses until your third pay period which could be up to 3 weeks (between $300 to $400).
Make sure to print, download, or screenshot all pages of your arrival itinerary so that they are available to you during your appointments (in case you do not have access to Wi-Fi).
If you plan to have a car during your program, please be sure to bring your valid driver’s license, current vehicle registration and proof of insurance with you.
- Linens / Pillows / Towels
- Cosmetics / Toiletries
- Personal Medications
- Toaster / Coffee Maker
- Alarm Clock
- Charging cords and plugs
- Casual, comfortable clothing and shoes
- Professional attire
- Rain gear
- Light sweater or jacket
Review the Disney Look Guidelines for more details.
Role Specific Items
- Lifeguards (for swim test): Swimsuit (one-piece swimsuit is required for women), Towel, Goggles (if desired)
- Culinary Program: School-Issued Knife Kit
- Entertainment: Sports Bra (if applicable)
International Program Participants
Prior to departing to the United States, you MUST have the following original documentation (No copies will be accepted). Make sure to pack these items in your carry-on luggage as you will need this information upon arrival:
- Passport with visa stamp*
- Original Form DS-2019 with your signature, city/place where signed, and date signed (J-1 Visa holder only)
- Proof of medical insurance from Lloyd's of London (J-1 Visa holder only)
- Original Birth Certificate (Q-1 Visa holder only)
- I-797 Visa Approval Notice (Q-1 Visa holder only)
*US and Canada Passport holders do not require a visa