First Few Days
The information presented below is to provide incoming participants with a general idea as to what their first several days will look like. Activities and/or days may vary based on the number of participants arriving on any given day. Participants will receive information regarding most scheduled activities/meetings in the itinerary emailed one week prior to arrival.
Check-In: Flamingo Crossings Village
- Assigned check in times will be between 8:00am -11:00am EST.
- You will receive your housing assignment and key to your apartment.
- Ensure you can login to the Resident Portal from your phone and know your login credentials (This is different than your DORMS login).
Backgrounds/ Photo ID:
Assigned appointments times will begin as early as 9am
MUST BRING an Unexpired Original (no photo copies) Government Issued Photo ID.
- Background Check:
As part of this process, you will be fingerprinted. This process is all done on computers so you won’t have to worry about walking around all day with black ink on your fingertips. (International participants must clear prior to arrival).
- Photo ID:
Photo will be taken for your Walt Disney Company ID.
You must be in Disney Look to take your ID Photo
- Background Check:
- You must bring ORIGINAL I-9 documentation (Photocopies will not be accepted) including:
- Passport with visa*
- Form DS-2019 (J visa holders only)
- I-797 Approval Notice (Q visa holder only)
- Printed copy of I-94 which can be printed from .
*US and Canada Passport holders do not require a visa
- Please click here for additional information regarding I-9 Completion. Section 1 must be completed through I-9 Service Center (Fragomen) one week prior to arrival. Email will come from The Walt Disney Company I-9 Service Center (Fragomen).
Entertainment Call Back
In addition to the character audition, each individual will be evaluated and certified at the Walt Disney World ® Resort through the 3-D Imaging appointment. During this appointment, a body scan will be performed to ensure that candidates are capable of performing essential job functions safely. Measurements may also be taken, and fittings may be done.
Where form fitting cloths
You may be asked to take a Drug Screening during your arrival week, at one of our near by Centre Care locations. For this screening please make sure you are hydrated and able to provide a urine sample at time of appointment.
Post Offer Employment Testing (POET)
Your position may require a post-offer employment test designed to measure the physical abilities needed to safely perform the role. These tests simulate the motions and movements performed in a role such as lifting, pushing, pulling and placing items on a shelf. These tests are designed to ensure that candidates are capable of performing essential job functions safely.
Lifeguard Swim TestDuring your swim test you will be tested on the following:
- Swim 200 yards (183 meters) freestyle or breaststroke
- Retrieve a 10-lb (4.5 kg) brick from the deepest section of the pool
(minimum 8 feet / 2.4 meters) using a feet-first surface dive
- Tread water with hands out of the water for two minutes
- Vision Test
- Swimsuit (one-piece suit/swim-shorts)
- Goggles (if desired)
- Towel and dry change of clothes
- Glasses or contacts (if applicable) for swim and vision test
Your position may require a post-offer employment test designed to measure the physical abilities needed to safely perform the role. These tests are designed to ensure that candidates are capable of performing essential job functions safely. For this screening please make sure you are hydrated and able to provide a urine sample at time of appointment.
Your first day as a Cast Member and your first paid day! Disney Traditions is a aproximentally 4 hours. Please ensure you are on time to check in and that you bring a government-issued photo ID.
During this appointment you will receive your Company ID.
Business Casual attire is required when you attend Disney Welcome; you must meet the non-costumed guidelines in the Disney Look Book, including the guidelines for hairstyles. Not meeting all of the Disney Look guidelines will prevent you from being admitted into the class and, ultimately require you to be rescheduled for another day.
Brining Magic to Life
This is a 4 to 5 hour class. Business Casual attire is required. You must meet the non-costumed guidelines in the Disney Look Book, including the guidelines for hairstyles. Not meeting all of the Disney Look guidelines will prevent you from being admitted into the class and, ultimately require you to be rescheduled for another day.
Within the first week of your arrival date, you will receive a training schedule. Please check your spam/junk folder if you have not received this prior to your Traditions. On your training schedule, you will find out more specific details about your work location. Depending on your assigned role and location, you may have additional role-specific / area-specific training. Keep in mind not everyone’s training schedule will look the same. Some roles may require a few days of training while others may require more.