We are so excited to welcome you to your program! There will be lots of things going on your first week, so make sure to follow your itinerary, which you will receive about a week prior to your arrival.
If booking travel prior to receiving your itinerary, plan to arrive no later than 12 p.m. EST to Flamingo Crossings Village.
- Check-in could begin as early as 8 a.m. and will be between 8:00-11:00 a.m. EST.
- A photo will be taken for your Walt Disney Company ID (blue ID).
- You will receive your housing assignment and key to your apartment.
Flamingo Crossings Village East: 13335 Hartzog Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Flamingo Crossings Village West: 11635 Rock Pigeon Loop, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Mandatory Background Check or Onboarding:
- MUST BRING an Unexpired Original (no photocopies) Government Issued Photo ID.
- College/Culinary Programs: Fingerprints will be collected for background check.
- International Programs: I-9 section 2 will be completed with an HR representative.
- Assigned appointment times will begin as early as 9 a.m.
International Program Participants
Prior to departing to the United States, you MUST have the following original documentation (No copies will be accepted). Make sure to pack these items in your carry-on luggage as you will need this information upon arrival:
- Passport with visa stamp*
- Original Form DS-2019 with your signature, city/place where signed, and date signed (J-1 Visa holder only)
- Proof of medical insurance (J-1 Visa holder only)
- I-797 Visa Approval Notice (Q-1 Visa holder only)
*US and Canada Passport holders do not require a visa
- Will be sent to your email approximately one week before your arrival date.
- The time stated on your itinerary is mandatory and unique to you. If you arrive early, you will be asked to return at your scheduled time.
- Will list required appointments for your first day as well as the remainder of your first week.
- Visit Disney Programs - Itinerary Appointments to view information for all possible appointments.
- If you have not received your training schedule by the end of your arrival day, visit our Support Site (I Arrived This Week and Haven't Received My Training Schedule).
What to Wear
- Please dress comfortably for check-in. You do not need to be in professional attire; however, your clothing should be in good taste. You will be moving your personal belongings into your apartment, so jeans, t-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts, etc. are acceptable for this day.
- You must adhere to Disney Look appearance guidelines upon your arrival, as you will take your ID photo during the check-in/on-boarding process.
If Traveling by Bus or Train
We recommend contacting your transportation service provider to address questions in regard to traveling from the bus or train stations to Flamingo Crossings Village. If booking travel prior to receiving your itinerary, plan to arrive no later than 12 p.m. EST to Flamingo Crossings Village.
You cannot check in before your arrival date or assigned time. However, you can visit disneyworld.disney.go.com for accommodations at any Walt Disney World® Resort (please note that you will not be eligible for the cast member rates).
If you do not wish to stay at a Disney resort, there are many other nearby hotels. You can research hotels located near Flamingo Crossings Village.
International Program Participants Early Arrival
Cultural Exchange Program Participants may arrive in the United States up to 30 days in advance of your Program start date. HOWEVER, if you arrive in the United States more than 7 days in advance of your arrival date, you MUST notify Immigration Compliance of your arrival.
Arriving with Family
Please have no more than two helpers and one vehicle per resident on arrival day.
The check-in process is specific to each participant, so plan ahead to share when family may help you move into your apartment. While the housing check-in process may take between 10-30 minutes, your on-boarding appointment may take up to an hour.
Please note that due to space constraints, family members are not permitted during your itinerary appointments.